WEEK 11 / Johnny Mnemonic

I've always been a fan of how steampunk looks and the overall aesthetic of it, however when it comes to the stories that are usually told to go alongside them, I find very average.

This remains to be true here, and I think it would make up for it by being visually compelling, as steampunk usually is.

I think the medium is the problem here, if this was a graphic novel or an anime even, I think it would be much more engaging.

Feeling the way I feel about steampunk, I think it would be a good challenge for me to try and write a story rooted in those themes, to see if I can overcome my problems with the genre.

I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core, I think both steampunk themes, as well as the story, are executed perfectly.

 Johnny Mnemonic? Not so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein & Gothic Genre

A Wild Sheep Chase

BLOODCHILD ASSESMENT