WEEK 12 / US REVIEW

I've mentioned previously in the blog that I really enjoy films and movies.

I remember in an earlier class we discussed Jordan Peele and briefly brought up his new movie that would be coming out, "Us".

I think it would be cool and very full circle to write up my thoughts on it as it has horror elements even though it's not horror perse.

I think music is done very well and is one of my favorite parts of the film, The sample in the main theme is incredible.

I also think it's very visually compelling, the shot of them all walking on the beach right next to their shadows, was amazing and something I probably won't forget.

I don't want to spoil the movie, but I thought the ending was a really cool twist and idea. I also think the concept of making it more than a home invasion movie was cool, especially how the trailers and marketing spoiled so little, while also telling us what the movies about the whole time.

I really was a fan of the symbolism throughout, the rabbits, the parallelism with 11:11, etc.

I'm a huge fan of the theory that It's about classism, and the tethered represent the lower class, and they say "We are Americans", and the US could mean "The United States" further driving the point home.

I really enjoyed it, overall and can look at the horror tropes with a new found love after this class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein & Gothic Genre

A Wild Sheep Chase

BLOODCHILD ASSESMENT