WEEK 10 / Total Recall

This week I went over "We can remember it for you wholesale".

This was the original source material for, "Total Recall".

I'm a huge fan of movies and film so I've really enjoyed going back and studying the source material for adapted stories.

They tried to adapt this in 2012 again, and I remember thinking it looked cool but ultimately falling flat.

Going back and reading the original source material, I feel like an appropriate adaptation for this would be for the series, "Black Mirror". It really aligns with the themes of technology and utopian/dystopian dichotomy depending on perspective.

As I've mentioned earlier in the blog, I'm a super nostalgic person, so living in this world of planted memories / manufactured memories would be a nightmare. I believe our memories have a huge hand in making us truly indivudal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein & Gothic Genre

A Wild Sheep Chase

BLOODCHILD ASSESMENT